Oknha Dr. Mengly J. Quach is a Cambodian American educationist/medical doctor, philanthropist and entrepreneur. Today, he is best known as the Founder, Chairman and CEO of the Mengly J. Quach Education, one of the leading education providers in Cambodia which comprises of the American Intercon Institute, Aii Language Centers, American Intercon Schools and Little Kingdoms School.
Dr. Quach attended University of California, Berkeley, USA where he completed his Pre-Med Studies in 1991. He graduated from Spartan Health Sciences University, St. Lucia/Santa Teresa, New Mexico, USA, in 1998 with his Doctor of Medicine degree in General Medicine. Dr. Quach also earned a Master of Public Health degree in Public Health Practice from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, USA in 2007.
With backgrounds and experiences in education and medicine, he ventured into the world of Education and Health. Dr. Quach was a science professor in the Physical and Life Sciences Department at Cleveland Chiropractic College in Los Angeles, California before coming to Cambodia in 2002 as an Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (IMCI) & Public Health Advisor with Partners for Development based in Maryland, USA. He also held positions of an Associate Professor of Health Sciences under the Faculty of Mathematics, Sciences, and Engineering in Pannasastra University of Cambodia; and of a Founding Dean and Associate Professor of Public Health for College of Public Health in University of Cambodia during 2001-2004 before founding the Mengly J. Quach Education in 2005.
Dr. Quach has been recognized for his active participation in the development of the community through his endeavors in the fields of education, health and social services. His latest recognitions include the following:
- The Five Greatest Humanitarians of the Year 2017, Sabay News, Cambodia, 2017
- Business Leader of the Year 2016, Business Cambodia, December 2016 Issue
- Business Leader of the Year 2015, Business Cambodia, December 2015 Issue
- The Five Greatest Humanitarians of the Year 2015, Sabay News, Cambodia, 2015
- Education Partnership Leader Award, by Worlddidac Association, Worlddidac Asia Conference 2015, Hong Kong, 2015
- Certificate of Excellence for Remarkable Achievements in Championing Youth Education and Development by Youth Star Cambodia, Cambodia, 2013
- Young Eminent Overseas Chinese of the Year, by Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of the State Council of the People’s Republic of China, 2008
Dr. Quach’s current external appointments include the following:
- Honorary Advisor, Cambodia Women Entrepreneurs Association, Since 2016
- Board of Directors, Cambodian Institute for Cooperation and Peace, Cambodia, since 2014
- Founding Member and Advisor, Cambodia Investor Club, Cambodia, since 2013
- Honorary Advisory, Junior Chamber International Cambodia, since 2013
- Youth Ambassador, by Khmer Youth and Social Development (KYSD), Cambodia, 2013
- Advisory Member, Cambodia Chamber of Commerce, Cambodia, since 2011
- Founder and Chairman, Prasethpheap Finance, Cambodia, since 2010
- Royal Order of Monisaraphon Thnak Mohasena, by His Majesty King Norodom Sihamoni, 2009
- Royal Order of Oknha Title, by His Majesty King Norodom Sihamoni, 2009
- Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Mengly J. Quach Education, Cambodia, since 2005