By Mr. Kokleang Ly
People usually make doctor’s appointments for a variety of reasons. Some people go to the doctor when they are sick or have new problems or concerns about health and are looking for a specific diagnosis or treatment. Some people expect annual check-ups, while others find that every two to three years is enough. Why is it necessary to go for a health check? Do you want to know more? Here are the main reasons why general health examination is important:
To determine the risk factors of common chronic diseases.
To look for diseases without clear symptoms.
A way for doctors to consult with patients to promote a healthy lifestyle.
To update disease data since the last examination.
To enhance patient-physician communication.
How important are health checks today?
Regular check-ups allow the doctor to examine the patient’s general health and treat them quickly. Sometimes the disease does not show the first symptoms until they reach a severe stage. This is why you need to see a doctor regularly and get a good health check.
The benefits of an annual review are:
Early detection of disease and timely diagnosis.
Improve the quality of life.
The risk of worsening disease is controlled.
1. Timely disease identification: Early identification of dangerous diseases, especially tuberculosis or cancer is very important. Medical examinations also help doctors save patients’ lives. Regular check-ups allow the doctor to detect the disease at an early stage and then have a high chance of being cured in a short period of time.
2. Anonymous Infection Detection: Some diseases do not cause symptoms in the early stages until the condition worsens. Regular physical examinations assess the general health of the patient and the doctor can help them by recommending medical measures to provide good health in the short term.
3. Low treatment costs: If the disease is not diagnosed in time, it will cost you more. So regular health check-ups ensure that you save money in the long run.
4. Quality of life: Regular checkup helps manage the disease before it worsens. A healthy report allows you to reduce your mental stress and also enjoy a quality of life without fear of health deterioration.
5. Build awareness: Through regular health check-ups, you can know what is good for you and what is bad for you. It will give you a better understanding of your health, diet and habits. Medications can be prescribed by a doctor to get timely treatment for health problems.
6. Additional tests for disease identification: Blood tests are done to identify and prevent the disease from entering the bloodstream.
Age check-ups: There are different health check-ups according to their age. These are made because some diseases can only be detected within a certain period of time.
Different health problems at different stages of your life are:
30 years old: Cancer test, dental examination, blood sugar, hemoglobin test, thyroid examination for male and female body and STIs.
40 years old: Eye examination, cardiovascular test, type 2 diabetes.
Improved at the age of 50 and 60: Eye and ear tests, bone examinations such as osteoporosis.
7. Health is very important and we need to know about healthy diet and medicine. Exercise regularly and be sure to pass regular health check-ups at the health center.